Thursday 1 October 2009

Go Marketing Dept.

Okay so here I sit, wallet screaming at me to go and empty it on SW launch day, ready to dive in at unlock till i came across a little note on the release dates. The new box set is out 2 weeks later. For £50 (or £40 if you shop around) you can get a set of scouts, two wolf packs and a drop pod.
My initial thought was why scouts? They look nothing like the sketch out of the old codex, (that guy with the power armour with stripped off arms and furs has always looked awesome, not like the shabby scouts GW keep supplying us with) and sticking a new head on one won't make it a wolf.
Load of crap I thought, then I realised, hang on drop pod, 2 packs, thats £60 just there, so sell the scouts, recoup some of the money and its looking more inviting. Then if you don't need the drop pod ebay that, through in the wolf pack spares and the box set suddenly becomes almost free.
Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to get my boxes of wolf pack so i can finish off my skyclaws and longfangs but I'm not stupid. I'll be sat here waiting for two weeks. Anyone else who is planning an army would do well to do the same. If your just fad collecting for some individual looking characters for your own chapter then yeah, wolf pack release day is the day for you. If your planning an army, wait two weeks and take the time to paint the box of terminators.

3 comments:

  1. I concur wholeheartedly, although I will be picking up one Wolf Pack with my Codex on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started playing 40K back in 93/94, my first army was a space wolf army. In a solid 6 months of playing, I never one a game. I am pretty sure if I had not stopped playing them, then I would have had my Great Company taken away by Leman Russ himself.

    I agree that they need to do something for the Wolf Scouts, the weedy Space Marine scouts just don't cut it in my book. On a side note, I did see someone use a power armored space marine with arms from a Warhammer Chaos Warrior and a Space Wolf head that looked pretty good.

    I will be getting the Space Wolf Codex this Saturday - So I can rant and scream with the rest of the 40K World that the Space Wolves are the doom of 40K and the end of the world is coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete